Hot encaustic and PanPastels


The 72" x 72" diptych is moving at a snail's pace. Not because I am not working on it. I have tons of hours in on it already. Painting hundreds of ballerinas takes time. Lots of time!

I am also working on 4" x 4" encaustic gallery wrapped canvas using PanPastels. PanPastels are like butter compared to soft pastels. I have been playing around with applicators to apply the pastel. Many different sponge applicators come with it and they are fin for large coverage. But for "painting" I tend to like these rubber tipped applicators, colour shapers. I have more control applying color to the wax. I also fuse the wax with a heat gun to set the color. I have also done some subtractive work with some clay tools. I'll be posting more as I figure out how to blend this ancient medium with today's ultra new products.