Doing a demo

This Tuesday, I have the honor and privilege to do a demo for the Cincinnati Women's Club. They have an art group there that I was a member of for 2 years. This Tuesday I go back as an instructor. I paint 6 days a week. Once a month, my studio is open to the public and I paint for 4 hours in front of people. It doesn't bother me in the least to paint with people watching. But I am somewhat nervous about doing this demo! Part of it is I will know everyone in the room. Part of it is I have watched other artists week after week do demos in this same class. I guess I feel I have a lot to live up to! I actually teach the next two weeks in a row. The first week I am going to paint 3 8x10's that I have already painted a grisaille underpaintings of the same subject.
One is painted with burnt sienna and white, one burnt umber and white and one is black and white. I hope to paint each one totally differently using a lot of techniques that I learned from Stanka Kordic. There is also pressure to complete at least one of them in the allotted time, two hours. It shouldn't be a problem but you never know which of the artists inside me will show up that morning! Why is it stressful to do something that I routinely do 50-60 hours a week? Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves? I guess I will just show up, relax, breathe and paint.

I'll post the results after Tuesday.