While Furniture Shopping

My Husband and I are redoing a guest bedroom. We are having out-of-town family staying with us in March so it was a good reason to do a little updating. I sold my Mother's mid century modern furniture that really never went with our 1920's tudor home. I am not the type to wait 6 months for furniture to be made and shipped. I want to buy what is in stock and have it all done, snip snap! This was the first day that we went furniture shopping. We went to 2 different stores. I had forgotten that furniture stores have artwork for sale most of it giclees or artwork painted in a factory. That made it all the more fascinating to look at. Some of it was very compelling as far as technique and subject matter. But what I think struck me the most was the simplicity of the paintings. I did snap one picture (with a bad shadow) and I wish I would have taken more. It was quite educational. I am still shopping for furniture and I plan on paying more attention to the art as I continue. If you are reading this and you are an artist, It is quite eye opening. You might want to plan a trip to your local furniture store. Please leave a comment if you have experienced this as well.